In addition, Marco gave a presentation on Belgian wine: its history, denominations, and characteristics. The research for this presentation was based on an article that Marco wrote for issue n.12 of magazine Vitae of the Associazione Italiana Sommelier (AIS).
Marco's presentation, including the description of each wine tasted today, can be seen online here.
During the course of the evening participants tasted the following wines:
1. Ruffus Cuvée du Seigneur 2014, 12.5%
2. Genoels-Elderen Rose Parel 2012, 12,5%, no AOC.
3. Aldeneyck Chard Heerenlaak 2014, Vlaamse Landwijn
4. Clos d’Opleeuw Chardonnay Prestige Pleistoceen, 2014, GOB Beschermde (protected) Haspengouw
5. Bon Baron Acolon, AOC Côtes de Sambre et Meuse, 13%abv
6. Bon Baron, Pinot Noir Tresor, 2013, 13% abv, AOC Côtes de Sambre et Meuse
7. Aldeneyck Pinot Gris "Noble", 2013, 11.5%